|Garbage from Canada Buried; ‘Case Closed’|
20 July 2015
|Customs Commissioner Alberto Lina said on Friday the issue of illegal shipment of household waste from Canada was over, with the Bureau of Customs (BOC) now focusing on preventing a similar incident from happening again.|
This after 55 containers with waste from Canada, including adult diapers and household trash that had been left at the Manila port since shipment two years ago were transported for dumping in a sanitary landfill in Capas, Tarlac province.
“We have no more problem. The issue is over. Case closed,” Lina told reporters.
He said the illegally imported garbage, which had triggered protests from environmental groups, was being dumped at Philippine government expense.
Source: Global Nation (Click here to read more)